Wednesday 28 August 2013

sugar II

bismillah

I guess Dad's gone tired of me.
Now it is often a battle, with my Mom on his side sometimes.
I often nag them both now for their indulgence in something for "just a little bit".
I think he's starting to have those cravings for sugar.

After dinner, lunch or breakfast, any given time, he'd ask if we wanted something to munch on.
Kerepek and biskut raya while watching TV, "we're just finishing what needs to be finished off".
Carbonated drinks, which known to many contains lotsa lotsa sugar.
The cempedak a good friend of his gave us, he couldn't wait for later even when we're already full with lunch. Told him to try just one and eat some more later. He gobbled up three instead.
Once I saw the familiar container in the sink after lunch, and so I asked,
"Makan tapai eh tadi?" with a grin.
His face was somewhat a cross between "I'm busted!" and "Don't treat me like a kid!"
Made lime and honey drink and I added two spoons of sugar (atop few table spoons of honey!) which to me is plenty.
He said to add three or four spoons more. I said no. The max I'll put in is two.
Which I did.

If I was Alpha I'd go "Aiyaiyai yayai~" while shaking my head...

.
..
...
....
.....

me, myself, am gaining weight...
I used to have a valley on my tummy.
Got ridges and all.
Slowly it goes on to become a flatland,
and bit by bit, especially since Raya came in,
mounds and mounds of fatty blubber started to pile up,
rising up to become a small hill.
just hope it'll stop becoming a mountain, and better yet, slowly goes back being a beautiful valley.

mencangkul gunung lama-lama jadi rata, insyaaAllah.
kena mula "mencangkul"!

central obesity raises the risk of getting diabetes.

Aiyaiya yayai~

No comments:

Post a Comment