Monday 19 August 2013

the sms

Written on June 17 2013.
The Collonades, Kota Kinabalu.

I received an SMS today, one which I anxiously waited for but I didn't really put high hopes on. Talked to my mummy-in-law regarding me never had any contact Daddy after months of marriage and how I feel bad about it and so she said perhaps I should give him a call when I'm in Sabah.

So here I am in KK, and yesterday was Father's Day. I decided to text him yesterday but was talking to my wife after a long trip north to The Tip of Borneo (which was really spectacular) and end up sleeping from the exhaustion and I fell asleep.

Realized the unfinished business this morning and so I texted him before going to the hospital, and anxiously waited for a reply but it didn't come. Went to hospital as usual and totally forgotten about it. It was around 5pm that his reply came.

“TQ. Daddy dan family semua sihat”. 

Alhamdulillah. He doesn't seem to be mad or anything. So I guess the next step would be to call him. I really hope things will work out between us, and between him and my wife.
Rabbi yaseer, wa la tu'aseer...

***
Aug 20th 2013, 4.39AM

Alhamdulillah, things went pretty well.
We came to pick them up at LCCT, and all that I can comment is, it's weirdly OK, as if nothing ever happened in the past. And one of the first few things we talked about when they've settled down in the hotel is regarding his wishes to organize a reception for us back in Mukah, and he's the one initiating the topic.
Even Mummy was surprised when he mentioned it to my parents during his first meeting with them. (He didn't tell Mummy about the plan...)

Alhamdulillah, thummal hamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment