Saturday 17 August 2013

C&A

I stood in awe, gaping at the titles.
"The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog"
It caught my eye and then looking at all the other titles left me hoping I had lotsa money so I can read all of them.
I guess I can safely say now, that I wanted to be a Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
I often look at kids and really, just wonder what's in their mind, what's their parents are like, why they are behaving like so etc etc.

Reminiscing the past, when I was in Form 5, I thought about becoming a psychologist (as well as other dreams, writer, photographer etc). I wanted to know what makes people think what, behaviors and all those things. I like to observe, simply looking at people. I wanted to know more about them.
Oh well, sometimes I dreamed of being able to read minds.

But now as I'm in the medical field from God's planning, the closest that I can get to that is to being a psychiatrist. I can remember, the first few attempts at clerking and presenting a history during Mental Health Rotation, my lecturer said I did it more like a psychologist rather than you know, the proper medical psychiatrist would do.

I know for some people, psychiatry ain't really medical, but hey, I don't care. People often smirks at psychiatrists, but I do believe doctors are supposed to help people, even mentally. It doesn't put psychiatrist short from any other specialties.

One more year till I graduate, be it I didn't flunk anything. Ameen, insyaaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment