Tuesday 13 September 2011

kejutan

Bismillah


I received a text from mom which says:
"Buka google ************ (a name of a relative) ada kejutan untuk dibaca".

Reading that kind of text, few things came to my mind, and so I rushed to a friend who owns a mobile broadband and googled.
and well, indeed my first few thoughts were right.
Clicked on the very 1st link, to a blog,
they even put her picture in it, so there's no mistake.

She was allegedly labelled as murtad in that blog.
Well, not so trustworthy source, but I'm not suprised to know if that is true.
Knew the family quite well. She's my 2nd cousin (dua pupu, not sure if "2nd cousin" is the appropriate word in English), and I know their story.

Their father, my mom's cousin, married a Chinese lady, their mom, so she reverted to Islam, but he didn't take care of them rightfully, which really disapointed her. I guess from there she left Islam (unofficially), and her children followed suit. She told them not to ever marry a Malay man.

The thing that disappoint my father most is the fact that she was one of those who planned for the Thanksgiving cum majlis berbuka puasa in that church.

I'm not too sure who's fault is it, but I think things would be different if their father did a better job as a Muslim father and husband. Show what Islam really is and what it's not.

We kept a good relationship with them, even though we've had some hints that the mom (not yet the children) has converted back, not to sever any ties, trying to show Islam is not that extreme. I don't know how my dad will treat them knowing that she is one of the committees. *sigh*. I don't know myself. huhu.
I'm not really close to them, but we know each other pretty OK, I guess.
Hope the family will get the guidance from Allah.


with love,
~hS

No comments:

Post a Comment