Friday 25 October 2013

stitch!

bismillah

I like stitches. I've got a few. From my mom's on my pants, right on the knees.
From my wife, on my shirt which was originally long-sleeved. I burnt it, so she cut the sleeves and sow it back nicely.

I like stitches, because it means hope. It means things can be fixed.
It means that I can keep what I like, I don't have to throw it away.

It means it can still be used, still be loved.
Still be cherished that the owner would bother stitching it back up.
Not discarded and easily replaced with something new.
Even when it won't look as good as new, that the stitches will somewhat deform it.
Leave an ugly mark on it.
But to the owner, it looks just great, even better than it was.
Even when others smirk at it, looking at it as something cheap and weathered.

I'm torn. I need to stitch myself back up.

p/s: now I guess it made sense. that's why they name him Stitch. to stitch up Lilo's family back together. it won't be as how it was, but he stitched it back up. I like Stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment